Thursday 14 April 2011



I decided to use a high angled shot looking down onto the character to create a sense of empathy, suggesting she is the victim. I angled the shot to indicate the character was trapped in a confined space. The mise-en-scene has light walls to create a theme of an institute however it is also a dark space which I enhanced using a night vision setting on the camera. The costume, the white blouse creates a sense of innocence, although the overall costume imitates an average teenage girl. The character is positioned with only one side of her face illuminated, the other is partly obscured by her hair, which I believe is conventional for this genre, hiding one side of her personality from the audience, leaving them questioning whether she is the victim or in fact the protagonist. The photographs she is sat on create confusion as at first glance they appear to be magazine pages, however once you take a closer look you realise they are actually of her face and are marked with red crosses; which are not visible on the image therefore I will apply these once editing, this indicates she is being targeted. Editing the image I have used a feather technique and I have also
pixelated the picture to make it seem as though she is on CCTV being watched.   

No comments:

Post a Comment